I linked a .txt file to a PDF file (compiled using pdfTeX) I was working on. and when I attempted to open said .txt file through clicking the link, SumatraPDF pops up the ‘Error loading’ message, and the .txt file does not open.
I’ve followed the instructions to allow links to .txt files to, in theory, be opened, by having sumatrapdfrestrict.ini have the following SaveFileType options:
SafeFileTypes = audio,video,webpage,document,text
I also checked the .txt registry to confirm that its PerceivedTypes value is part of SafeFileTypes, and ensured that the file path format will work with 3.2. Since the file is in a child directory, and I was using relative path, I started the file path with
…/path/to/my .txt file
(should be two dots before the first slash, not sure how to tell the editor to stop auto-completing to ellipses)
In addition, I then tried using the daily build version (removing the extra period from the file path format above as the daily build fixed the relative path issue in 3.2), but it still produced the ‘Error loading’ message. However, if I exported the .txt file as a PDF file, then changed the file path to open the PDF file, it works as expected.
I am using Windows 10 with the latest update.