Forum moved here!

Home / Setting inverse search for TeXnicCenter

Maggy

Hey everybody,

I installed Sumatra 3.1.2. (64-bit) to use the PDF-Reader with TeXnicCenter.
After installing the reader I tried to set the path for the inverse search in the settings->options menu… the problem: there field “Set inverse search command-line” does not exist! :frowning:

Does anybody know why?

Thanks,
Maggy

SumatraPeter

I don’t use the feature, but go to Settings > Advanced Options to edit the Settings file and try configuring the following:

pattern used to launch the LaTeX editor when doing inverse search
InverseSearchCmdLine =

if true, we expose the SyncTeX inverse search command line in Settings -> Options
EnableTeXEnhancements = false

GitHubRulesOK

@Maggy I guess you have a working TeXnicCenter with DDE however latest advice from other editors such as WinEdt (the grand-daddy of working with SumatraPDF) is to call via command line, both for speed and reliability. Make sure you note all your current working settings and see if this Updated Tutorial leads to any improvements. If its worse in any way please also let me know.

sfan

What should be InverseSearchCmdLine to have C:\Program Files (x86)\TeXnicCenter\TEXCNTR.EXE go to the corresponding place of LaTeX file? Thank you.

I now have

InverseSearchCmdLine = -reuse-instance"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeXnicCenter\TEXCNTR.EXE" /ddecmd "[goto('%f','%l')]"

But it is not working.

Also, Sumatra 3.2 does not seem to be reacting to what is written in the TeXnic Center profile concerning inverse search:

<ddeCommand path="C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe -inverse-search -reuse-instance&quot;\&quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\TeXnicCenter\TEXCNTR.EXE\&quot; /ddecmd \&quot;[goto('%f','%l')]\&quot;&quot;" server="SUMATRA" topic="control" command="[Open(&quot;%bm.pdf&quot;,0,1,1)]"/>
GitHubRulesOK

Read MyNotes

see that for details but first off remove -reuse-instance and insert /nosplash

also check that exe name it used to be TeXnicCenter.exe

InverseSearchCmdLine = "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeXnicCenter\TEXCNTR.EXE" /nosplash /ddecmd "[goto('%f','%l')]"

There is one known change with 3.2 in that the previous 10 Mb limit is now increased to 32 Mb

also note calling SumatraPDF is better via CLI (Command Line) NOT DDE