Forum moved here!

Home / Print envelope by Command-line arguments

Bart

Hello, could You help me add in Command-line argument option for paper size=C5 and bin=envelope feeder.

this for me not working - SumatraPDF always has crashed.

“C:\Program Files\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe” -print-to “HP Universal Printing” -print-settings “noscale,bin=envelope feeder” %1 -exit-on-print

kjk

See if pre-release helps: http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/prerelease.html

I tried the exact same command (different printer) in 3.1.2 and it didn’t crash for me so it doesn’t look like Sumatra issue.

Unfortunately, a lot of printer drivers are buggy and are significant source of crashes in Sumatra so that might just be a driver issue.

Bart

Hello, I have HP 4050 Laserjet and installed on Windows 7 64bit “HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v5.7.0)” and always Sumatra is crashed. Prerelease version of Sumatra did not help. I use now bat file with:
“C:\Program Files\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe” -print-to “HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v5.7.0)” -print-settings “noscale,bin=envelope feeder” %1 -exit-on-print
but still without success. Best regards.

GitHubRulesOK

Bart

SumatraPDF will only use some printer options, (you will need to create specific printer sets)

page size and feeder/bin are not normally accessable from any app via the command line

the best way I know is to first make a “COPY” of your default printer driver, this usually involves adding a printer a second time with a different name e.g. “envelope tray” and setting the properties for page size and paper tray via system printers.

If all is well try printing a simple text file from notepad or any simple app to each named driver and check it works for the “envelope tray”

now try using sumatraPDF command line to send your pdf to the “envelope tray” printer

for a more detailed reason only “some” options are used see