Forum moved here!

Home / Please help me with RTL reading

eeeE2Eeee

Hello, i want to start the first page from the right, so how can I reverse it to get page number 1 on the right and number 2 on the left.
Please help and thank you for this fast program.1

GadgetSteve

If you need to permanently reorder the pages or generate a copy of a file with the pages re-ordered then I can recommend pd fLabs pdf-tk server which is a free, as in gratis & GPL command line tool that is available for Windows, Mac and most Linux installations. It can perform a huge range of PDF manipulations say that you had an original file called Fred.pdf and wish to re-order all of the pages as you describe then you can do so with a command like:

pdftk A=Fred.pdf shuffle Aeven Aodd output ShuffledFred.pdf

You can then view ShuffledFred.pdf and either replace Fred.pdf with it or discard it.

GitHubRulesOK

@GadgetSteve

Thanks for your input However the request is to change the viewer to allow for Arabic / Hebrew reading (clarified in new heading) which is a different setting probably not available in Western Software like Pdftk.

There are multiple settings in a PDF for RTL users and western software usually ignore them or do not support them well. @eeeE2Eeee Try SumatraPDF 3.1.2 for comparison.

The source PDF is often itself wrong in its declarations of reading order, since there are several conflicting conventions so two Rights can force a Left.

GadgetSteve

Taking Download book Adanaspor now Python - Learn python now pdf - Noor Library as an example I was able to swap the pages nicely using the above command. The only issue that I had was with the command line not accepting typing after the Arabic characters in the book title - so I had to rename it.