Outlook Preview

Is there a way to have Outlook use Sumatra as a previewer to display in the message window?

Is there a way to have Outlook use Sumatra as a previewer to display in the message window?

I know this has been asked before, but I can get Total Commander to use Sumatra as a previewer, why not Outlook?

Please confirm, it would be apprecaited.

Isn’t that a question you should be directing towards Microsoft? :slight_smile: If the program itself doesn’t allow users to configure and use third-party viewers (and can’t be ‘persuaded’ to do so in some way), then there’s nothing Sumatra can do about it.

I have Acrobat preview in my client version of Outlook and MS preview in my web accounts so don’t know any of the install requirements.

Some users have had some limited success “Now that I’ve got all my bitness issues sorted out (and can run the previewer in my Outlook), it would be nice if I could move a little more freely in the preview pane, without having to open the file separately.”

Outlook preview is not a supported feature however you MUST be using the correct bit version, thus if outlook is 32 bit you need the 32 bit previewer, you may need to fully ininstall and reinstall a fresh copy with the options chosen during installation.

Got it to work by installing the 32bit version as I have 32 bit Outlook and then registered the DLL.

regsvr32 C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\pdfpreview.dll

This worked. The only thing which didn’t work was to be able to zoom in and out inside the preview. Bluebeam does this, but I no complain. Sumatra is much faster and if I want to then zoom I’ll just open it properly.

Thanks for the brilliant software. Cheers. Really like it!

:+1: Thank you for sharing the procedure so that other Outlook and Sumatra users can also benefit.