Forum moved here!

Home / Is it possible to use SumatraPDF to take notes?

lily_chen

I love the Sumatra interface. I think, to some extent, it’s better than Microsoft Edge, but it’s pretty annoying you can’t take notes while you are reading. Is it possible to deal with this problem? I have used Sumatra for a long time, probably I will look for another software due to this issue. Thanks!

GitHubRulesOK

Notes are usually most easily kept in a text or word processor file

I usually use notepad or WordPad (MS write) most of the time, then I may save those to PDF when completed for reading in SumatraPDF.

So in SumatraPDF on my left I am reading my notes directly from a website address (in SumatraPDF “file open” I simply enter https://github.com/GitHubRulesOK/MyNotes/raw/master/AppNotes/WordPad/Win%2010%20WordPad%20hints%2C%20tips%20%26%20tricks.pdf) and at the same time I can edit and annotate them in my local right-hand source copy in WordPad

On rare occasions I may import them to more powerful publishing editors compatible with other users such as LaTeX or Free Office

There are many ways that SumatraPDF has been integrated with dozens of editors

For my suggestions on how to integrate notepad or wordpad with SumatraPDF see [Advanced Tips] Add your own Notes

Just an update to mention that there are also ways to combine viewing in SumatraPDF with editing in a browser and with some skill in building mutual links then the final PDF can call the HTM file and vice versa.