Forum moved here!

Home / Is it possible to save a pdf rendered with modified color options?

hooplaboo

I’ve spent way too much time trying to figure out how to save a pdf with different color options (background/text). I couldn’t find an answer to this in the threads here or elsewhere.

I really like the way sumatra does color rendering, but I want to save it so I can view the pdf with the same color in another viewer. I haven’t been able to figure out if this is possible. Thank you for the help.

kjk

That’s currently not possible in Sumatra and in general not something that is easy to do in any PDF Editor as it’s somewhat unique functionality.

GitHubRulesOK

To shuffle pdf colours you need to generally do it with complex postscript remapping of colors (often adobe products) or ghostscript however if you want JUST inversion see Change and Save a PDF page with inverted-colors or rotation - #2 by GitHubRulesOK

hooplaboo

That’s what I was thinking, but didn’t want to hear. Guess I’ll have to figure out how to implement it myself somehow. Do you have any guidance/tips on how to go about it? Or where can I find info on how sumatra does its rendering? Thank you

hooplaboo

Unfortunately, just invert wouldn’t work for me. I will look into ghostscript.

GitHubRulesOK

To modify aspects of a PDF such as line thickness or swap font or change individual objects colors manually I use Tracker Xchange or similar lightweight :slight_smile: editor in preference to heavier Acrobat. To do it programmatically I would look to Foxit API or one of the many top end SDKs such as iText