Forum moved here!

Home / How to print a document multiple times, but not each page of the document many times?

bebongchoi

The title can be really confusing, I apologize for that.

I notice that in Microsoft Word, when I print a document into a number of copies, the printer would print from page 1 to the end, and only that it will repeat.

The case is different with SumatraPDF, however, as the printer instead prints page 1 for n times before moving on to the next page, which then follows the same pattern. It could be really troublesome since I will have reorganize all pages in order before handing the copies over.
In the case of two-sided printing, it will print page 1&2 on one piece of paper with the same pattern before moving to the next “pair of pages”
This also happens with PDFlite, an open-source program which is pretty similar with SumatraPDF.

Here are the printers that I use:

1. Brother HL-L2320D
  2. Brother HL-L2360D
  3. Brother MFC-L2700DW

(The printers might also be at fault, but so far I haven’t found any option to change the order in the printer’s window. Meanwhile, printing process in Word seems unaffected.)

I could have missed something, since I haven’t found this problem anywhere in this forum and elsewhere. I would be glad if someone could point it out. Thanks in advance.

SumatraPeter

The collate option is shown in the print dialog by every printer driver I’ve ever used:

bebongchoi

Thank you!

Yikes, I’m really dumb. I apologize for wasting your time.

SumatraPeter

It’s perfectly all right… Everyone occasionally misses out on things right underneath their noses! :slight_smile: