What happens is when I click the link, my browser starts to download the file (it shows a completion percentage, ETA, connection speed, all that jazz) but then stops around 10% of the way in and reports that the download failed. The partially downloaded file returns da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 as the hash. And yeah, Windows refuses to run the file what with it not being complete.
When I tried clicking the direct link from your post I got this message in Firefox:
Secure Connection Failed
The connection to www.sumatrapdfreader.org was interrupted while the page was loading.
- The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
- Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
I never saw that message before. I just tried downloading all the files again. Both 32-bit versions and the portable 64-bit versions download okay. Only the 64-bit installer breaks but now Firefox is showing that error message instead acquiring a partial download. Edge doesn’t show such a error message. Edge still tries and fails to download the 64-bit installer.