Forum moved here!

Home / Command line printing options

ertan

Hello,

I am using Sumatra portable version for command-line printing PDF files. I do not see any reverse printing option in advanced print options or any such command line parameters, yet using a command like following:

sumatrapdf.exe -print-to "Microsoft print to PDF" -print-settings "3-1" "3page.pdf"

I get reverse output pdf Like generated new pdf file has page 3 as first page, page 2 as second and page 1 as third page. In other words, I get reverse print out.

Sending same command to a real printer results in pages printed in increasing order as 1,2,3.

Is there a way I can have reverse print to physical printers using command line? Or, what I am trying to do is simply not possible?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks & regards.
Ertan

GitHubRulesOK

The obvious command would be along the lines of
sumatrapdf.exe -print-to “Physical” -print-settings “3,2,1” “3page.pdf”

however based on your experience I would try the combo

sumatrapdf.exe -print-to “Microsoft print to PDF” -print-settings “100-1” "input.pdf"
saving as output.pdf then
sumatrapdf.exe -print-to “Physical” “output.pdf”

kjk

Sumatra does the same thing for all printers so my best guess it’s the printer driver that acts differently and we have no control over that.

I don’t know your scenario but you can always print each page separately in whatever order you want bu launching sumatra multiple times.

ertan

I will do some more tests. BTW, physical printer is “HP OfficeJet Pro 6970” if that makes any sense, or known to be acting differently.