Forum moved here!

Home / Cant easily close final tab on the right

miva

Hi Guys,
Firstly, would like to say thanks for creating sumatra pdf, great product and thanks for providing it freely to us all.

Since moving to a new hi res screen, i have a issue where i cant close the final tab, the following picture shows that the close (x) is covered by a left and right button.

Has anyone else had this issue, if so any help please?
Cheers

miva

bump, has anyone else had this problem?

GitHubRulesOK

Have not seen that behaviour on win XP, 7, 8 or 10 with single or multiple monitors (however I use default scale)
Which OS (version) ? What res screen is “Hi” ? What graphics system/software ? other apps affected ? custom dpi value in Sumatra-settings.txt (advanced settings) ? personal display scale setting ?

[Correction] this was reported as a problem with Win 10 Hires and Scaling set about 200% see Tab arrows block close tab element · Issue #447 · sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf · GitHub

One suggestion is to use the mouse middle button to force the tab close (if there is enough room), the other suggestions e.g. Ctrl + W or drag as below.

Bilbo

Hi, when I’ve opened multiple tabs, it is pretty often very hard to close the right (as opposite of left :wink: ) tab as the X is hidden under the arrows (see picture) - is there a way to fix that?sumatra

Greetings from The Shire!

GitHubRulesOK

Hi Bilbo
Not the answer but did you know you can drag the rightmost tab to the left so the close button becomes accessible. or use CTRL W.

This problem has previously been reported as an issue see https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf/issues/447 and is a symptom exerienced mainly by users whose main screen setting in windows is not the default 100%. Can you confirm what Scale value is currently set ?
For a test if a different version may help I suggest you try with a similar width of window and the same set of files using the 4th file (32bit portable) download from https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/dailybuilds.html
Let us know if it makes any difference at all (or not).

Bilbo

Ah okay, thanks! So this can be closed as dupe…
I have a scale of 250" (3840x2160@15")
The SumatraPDF-prerelease-11346 didn’t change the problem.

Greetings from The Shire!