V3.2 Auto expanding of bookmark folders

Hi everyone,

I’m just wondering is there any way to turn off automatic expanding of bookmark folders when scrolling? In v3.1.2 it was off by default, so I’m thinking there must be a way to turn it off in this version also.

As you can see here, I positioned myself on page 290, and as soon as I scroll to the next page, it immediately expands the bookmark folder.

I usually work with huge electric plans, 1000+ pages, so this would very quickly make the bookmark bar unreadable. Then I have to collapse it all, and then expand only the ones that I really want expanded.

Thanks.

Agreed that in the past when referencing file opening

kjk commented on 27 Jan 2015
Also, we do not automatically expand the nodes.

However, there have been lots of changes made under the hood to handle “Table of Contents” / Bookmarks (with still more potentially on the way)

As a consequence “Bookmarks” code is now significantly different with a few visible surface enhancements such as extra controls and in this case Navigational back tracking of current location in the ToC.

If you wish the behaviour regressed to “Not auto expand” like 3.1.2
Possibly with a user option AutoExpand = true / false then its best to raise as an issue at https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf/issues

The easy solution is to rapidly switch the navigation view off (X on the right of bookmarks pane) then use any other means of navigation such as scroll / keyboard then if you wish to again see bookmarks in that state use right click context menu or F12