Sumatra PDF is a PDF, ePub, MOBI, CHM, XPS, DjVu, CBZ, CBR reader for Windows

FB2 support in Sumatra

Hello! I new here. I see - sumatra can read many files. But i wonder why it can’t read fb2. It’s very popular (maybe most popular) ebooks files. Maybe you will please add it?

Sumatra does support fb2 (Supported document formats)

If you have a file that doesn’t open please submit a bug report (How to submit bug reports) and provide the file that doesn’t work.

Wow, i did not found this… Ty for page. I will try. I used sumatra pdf long time ago and it had read only pdf (or i lose sight of eye)

Not sure this is a right place to ask about fb2.zip. There is no problem with fb2, indeed. But some time ago pre-releases of SumatraPDF stopped to open fb2.zip files, while I remember that earlier releases opened fb2.zip directly. Now I need to unzip a fb2.zip file first, and only then open the obtained fb2 with SumatraPDF. May it be something wrong with my settings?

possibly not
see https://github.com/sumatrapdfreader/sumatrapdf/issues/2147

there were some differences in fb2 naming so see if rename to .fb2z helps

since many .open doc formats are .zip with different extensions MuPDF/SumatraPDF sees them as image archive folders like .ora or .cbz thus fb2.zip may open if there is an included image.

As a seperate issue some .fb2 that were opened in the past by SumatraPDF are now rejected by the MuPDF engine so its worth checking against older version for some plain.xml.fb2

1 Like