Forum moved here!

Home / Favourites Minimum Width

meteorquake

I think the thing that gets me most frequently is that the minimum width of Favourites is much too large. Basically I think it should be able to be shrunk to a few pixels wide so that you can maximise space for the document temporarily without losing the favourites, yet still have it there so you can drag it wider again.
A shortcut to turning favourites on and off (or toolbar button) would also be viable, although there’s a certain physical niceness to shrinking.
Cheers, David

GitHubRulesOK

I think minimum width may have altered once or twice due to different issues and its naturally different depending on screen resolution, uncertain if its currently about SidebarDx = 150, I cant find reference to the previous request about last change and docs do say 0 but that is unhelpful

width of favorites/bookmarks sidebar (if shown)
SidebarDx = 0

The shortest cut as with many is two keys ≣ MenuF or MRBF

The Menu key’s primary function is to launch a context menu with the keyboard rather than with the usual right-mouse button. It can be used when the right-mouse button is not present on a mouse.

Some Windows public terminals do not have a Menu key on their keyboard to prevent users from right clicking; however, in many Windows applications, a similar functionality can be invoked with the ⇧ Shift+F10 keyboard shortcut, or sometimes Ctrl+⇧ Shift+F10.

Some laptop computers include a menu function on the fn key (usually operated by typing ⇧ Shift+Fn),

meteorquake

Actually that’s quite doable isn’t it, at least for me as I do have such a key; I’ve just tried it. I’ll have to do it a few times through the day to get it to stick in my mind for future use otherwise I’ll end up forgetting the methodology, and I do prefer keyboard over mouse!
I suppose it has one drawback which is that as a toggle it is context-dependent - the opening is Menu - F but if repeated that will bring up a favourites menu and you have to be focussed back on the document for it to work to close it, or use the X button on the Favourites. Still I think that’s a minor matter and it looks to be quite serviceable.
Cheers, David