Forum moved here!

Home / Change scroll down speed?

watermalone4

Is there any way to change the speed at which you scroll down? The current speed and choppiness makes it difficult to search large documents quickly

RBRapha

I often scroll using middle mouse button (on a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can usually press directly down on the scroll wheel to middle-click). I press middle button, then cursor changes to a 4 point cross icon. Then all I have to do is move mouse in down or up direction (left and right also works). The far I move from the point I middle-clicked, the faster it scroll.

Many mice and some touchpads have a middle mouse button. On a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can usually press directly down on the scroll wheel to middle-click. If you don’t have a middle mouse button, you can press the left and right mouse buttons at the same time to middle-click.

On touchpads that support multi-finger taps, you can tap with three fingers at once to middle-click. You may have to enable tap clicking in the touchpad settings for this to work.

Try this and let me know if it helps.

GitHubRulesOK

@RBRapha is describing auto scroll a useful means to scroll in any direction where speed and “choppiness” depend on and increased as you move away from the focal point.
To improve accuracy keep the initial click near the centre of field of view. (sometimes users find it odd to see that moving the mouse pointer UP = move the page DOWN that is because point of view is moving away from target.

The basic scroll rate is set and controlled by windows itself and in Windows 10 there are two ways of setting it ! Ifind 2 is a reasonable value midway between default speed and quality

the basic vertical